Monday, November 28, 2005

Dusty

well, it happened. my dog, Dusty, died at home at about 6am this morning. it wasn't unexpected, considering that he's had a tumor in his heart for months now, and the vet was very shocked that he made it this long. it still hurts really bad. especially since i was gonna be home to see him in a little over a week. i knew i should have gone home for thanksgiving...i would have been around for one of his last days. at least he enjoyed his last (eating nothing but his favorite foods) and had a great, stress free life of almost 11 years, all coming to a close in my parents' arms at home instead of in a cold, clean, bright vet's office.

i wonder how my other dog, Tanga, feels. my mom told me that she seems a little depressed, but who knows? Tanga probably knew more of what was going on than we did for the last few months. the two of them always seemed to have a telepathic link of sorts. maybe it continues...we'll never know.

No comments: